28 August 2014

Why Tytenisha Went Natural *UPDATE*


"NATURAL HAIR GROWTH"

PICTURE IS 3 YEARS OF HAIR GROWTH


It's been almost two years since I posted "Why I Went Natural." I'm back to update you on my natural hair journey, share some pics, talk about my regimen, and share my natural hair goal for 2015.

 

Me: My name is Tytenisha and I live in Massachusetts.

 

How long I've been natural: My last relaxer was November 2010. I big chopped November 2011. I will be 3 years natural November 2014.

 

My updated regimenMy regimen is very simple. I deep condition my hair every two weeks with Aubrey Organics Protein Conditioner. I shampoo with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. I apply Giovanni's Direct leave-in Conditioner to damp hair and I seal in the moisture by using my own Shea butter mix. I oil my scalp with Castor Oil. I trim/dust my ends when I notice a lot of shedding or when my ends look really raggedy. I normally wear my hair in a protective style such as twists for extended periods of time. I notice a lot of growth when I'm not constantly manipulating my hair. That's it!! Pics of my hair products and twists below: 

 

 
MY HAIR PRODUCTS




PROTECTIVE STYLE TWISTS

 


Favorite Hairstyle: Still the Twist Out!! My quick go-to style would be the bun.

TWIST OUT



 
BUN LIFE

 



Hair Goal 2015: Right now my hair is mid back length. My hair goal for 2015 is waist length. I just want to see if I can achieve it. This has been a fun journey for me. I never get tired of talking about natural hair or sharing my process. I never get tired of checking out the gorgeous hairstyles on YouTube either :-)

 
HAIR LENGTH GOAL



My Suggestions for Retaining Length: I feel deep conditioning, keeping the hair moisturized, protective styling (twists, braids, buns, weave etc.) and trims when needed is important for healthy hair and retaining length. The less styling of the hair every day really helps the hair grow.



Find Me on Instagram: Instagram.com/tytenisha


Tytenisha

No comments:

Post a Comment