07 January 2019

Why I Love The Chronological Study Bible

Chronological Life Application Study Bible


Why I Love This Study Bible


It's really hard to pry me away from this study bible. Let me tell you why I love it so much. Every story makes sense now. Following the order of events from beginning to end makes me happy!! I've been a student of the Bible for a long time, but I will admit that sometimes it's hard to connect the dots when what you’re reading is not in order - mainly the Old Testament. Of course, I’m encouraged, enlightened, and strengthened from any book of the bible I read no matter what order it’s in. But I personally needed clarity on how the stories in the Bible all connected.  

This study bible is easy to navigate and it provides lots of information. Sometimes a particular biblical event is recorded several times by different authors in different books of the bible. Each author shares their personal experience of the event or an author will share information that the Holy Spirit provided for them to write about the event. This chronological bible will list all of those individual recordings on the same page. I think it’s awesome. Now I don’t have to search in different books of the Bible to compare the writings, it’s all in one place. Some readers may find this annoying and repetitive but when you compare these writing’s you’ll notice that some authors may give you more details than the other. I love it! It is like finding nuggets of information that could be missed or misunderstood because they're in different books of the bible. 

Another wonderful thing about this study bible is, it has application notes at the bottom of each page. The notes give explanations and background information on the chapters you read. It shows you how to take what you’ve just read and apply it to your own personal life. The application notes are not as deep and informative as commentaries that are written by theologians (I love reading those too lol!), but they can be very helpful in understanding what you’re reading.

Side note: If you’re going to be preaching or teaching I don’t recommend you use this study bible but a regular bible instead. This book is for your own personal study. I prefer studying from the NLT because it's way easier to understand - but I also use a King James Bible for reference. Sometimes the newer translations are worded different and I’d prefer to compare them to the original King James Version.

I love getting to know my heavenly Father through his word. God is pretty funny. There have been many times I’ve burst out laughing at some of the things God says, especially when he’s pointing out how foolish the Israelites are for worshipping tiny wooden gods they’ve created, and carry around from one place to the other. God is like, why? Lol! Most times I find myself weeping when I read the bible. I see God as powerful, faithful, patient, merciful, loving, giving and much much more. I also see a disappointed and heartbroken God when his people refuse to listen and obey him.

Whether you read the Chronological Study Bible or the original Holy Bible, it is imperative that you get to know God and understand his word so you can live life accordng to his standards, and enjoy the fruit of living that life. If you’ve wanted to read and study the Bible but find it confusing and hard to understand, I recommend starting with the Chronological Life Application Study Bible.  Chronological Life Application Study Bible / NLT (New Living Translation)

Tytenisha

 

No comments:

Post a Comment