30 October 2012

Guest Blogger Liz Alfred

Promise Fulfilling God!


My story is similar to many people who have been down this road.  As a  matter of fact, some of us are still walking down this road together.  You're probably wondering what road is that?  Well, I'm glad you asked.  Hello, my name is Liz Alfred and I'm a cancer survivor.  You know what they say, you have to go through a test to have a testimony so here is my story.

I've been walking this road for many years knowingly and unknowingly. You see, when I was sixteen I became very sick. I didn't understand what was going on with my body and I became weak. I couldn't eat, I lost a massive amount of weight and I had no control of my body. My mom took me to the hospital and was told I should be tested for cancer. Like so many parents, we don't want to believe the worst is happening to our babies. So, my mom decided to disregard the request of the doctors and treated me with home remedies. Mind you, I had no idea what was going on with me, for I was never told. I lost 4 months of school but was determined to go back and finish out the school year.

You're probably saying, "OK then when did you find out about the cancer?" I found out I had cancer when I had my daughter at the age of 21. When I gave birth the doctor's realized there was a mass in my uterus, cervix, and stomach. When they decided to look further, they also found the cancer in my lungs. You see, SOMEONE had to be praying for me. Because of the amount of cancer that was in my body, I should have been dead. BUT GOD! I was told I would not be able to have anymore children after my daughter. BUT GOD! After 29 miscarriages, God blessed me with two more children. I was told I would not make it to see my 30's. BUT GOD!  I'm soon to enter my 40's. Hallelujah!!

I went through all kinds of chemotherapy and became a guinea pig to much testing. I had many treatments, and for years I didn't see change.  BUT GOD!!  After my son was born, my God sister Eddes invited me to visit her church at the time. You see, I was not a Christian. I was raised as a Buddhist. After having my son, that way of life was not working for me anymore. I began to feel empty and yearned for more. I went to a conference that was taking place at her church that Thursday. When I ever entered that sanctuary I felt warmth, love, and comfort like I never did before. I returned the next day and concluded the conference that Sunday.

I needed to know if in fact God was pulling me in or was it just me.  So, I returned to the Buddhist community center and felt lost and out of place. THEN I knew it was so God! I went back to church with my God sister and declared Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. January 2002 I was baptized and THEN things began to change...


In May of 2004, I went to a doctor's appointment and had my routine checkup. They called me back to check me out again and said they couldn't seem to find the cancer in my lungs. They ran every test they could but yet and still they didn't find the cancer in my lungs.  I lost my mind. All I could hear was "God who started a good thing will finish it to completion." I knew my healing was coming. I stood on that promise he gave me. I continued to devote my all to Him. My oldest daughter got saved and baptized. I knew he was working it out for my good. I served diligently in dance ministry, children's dance ministry, women's ministry, youth ministry, and the taking it back ministry.

During a women's conference I was prophesied over by the Pastor.  He told me, "You will live to see your children grown, graduate, and get married. What God started he will finish to completion.” I lost my mind, for that was the promise I was standing on and I knew I had another doctor's appointment coming up.

I went to the doctor's appointment and they checked my stomach. Oh yes, they called me back and did all kinds of testing again just to tell me, they can't seem to find the cancer in my stomach. Well, I just lost my mind right there in the doctor's office. I was weeping and praising God all the way home.
 
I got married and God ended my season with that church family. I followed my husband to another church family. I began to serve and be obedient to whatever God wanted me to do. I continued to stand on the promise God initially gave me.  In 2009 I began to get sick and was losing strength. I had to undergo intensive treatment. I did it but still stood on my promise from God. In 2010, I was listening to the news about the walk for cancer. I made a vow to myself and God that WHEN I become cancer free I will do the walk from beginning to end. All I asked, was that someone go with me.
 
May 2011, God told me I was blocking my healing because I was holding on to un-forgiveness and strife. He said until I let that go, I will continue to stay in my condition.  I went to church early on Wednesday night and prayed for God to show me the error of my ways and who I had to forgive. He began to show me and direct me.  That day I went to two people God showed me. He softened my heart to talk to them. I told them how I was feeling and asked for forgiveness. God does things in amazing ways.


The following week on May 24, 2011 I went to the doctor's office. I was tested from top to bottom and then tested again. The doctor that tested me this time was a christian. She checked me out again and said, "Mrs. Alfred, there is no cancer in your body at all."  I text my Pastor's wife and told her the news. I LOST MY MIND!!! On October 2011, my sister/friend Tracey B. and I did the walk for cancer from start to finish together.  GOD IS GOOD!!
 
NO ONE CAN TELL ME THAT I DON'T SERVE A TRUE AND RIGHTEOUS, PROMISE FULFILLING GOD.
 
"Being confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ".  Philippians 1:6
 
Liz Alfred

3 comments:

  1. All praises to the Most High God!. What an awesome testimony. Liz I was really blessed by reading your story. Luv you much,

    Comaseen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Liz. I have had alot of medical issues and really believe like you that G-d is the ultimate healer and I should trust him. May G-d continue to keep your healthy and cancer free for the rest of your life. May G-d heal us all of any ill's that keep us from serving him with joy and not sorrow. All the best and thanks for your story
    Hadssah Zeltzer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, thank you for sharing your powerful testimony. Your story is definitely a faith builder. May the Lord continue to use you and your story, to encourage people to put their hope and trust in God. He is the greatest physician ever! :-)

    Luv u!!

    ReplyDelete