05 November 2012

Why Michelle Went Natural

                                        

"Napturally Beautiful"
  
I would like to introduce you to Michelle Jett.  A naptural beauty from Georgia.  Michelle did her BC (big chop) in June 2011 and has been natural for 1 year and 5 months. 
Michelle what made you decide to go natural?  My Sister and I started with the Brazilian blowout.  It was a journey we decided to do together.

Did you transition or big chop and why?  My sister decided to transition while I did the big chop.  I had my BC done at supercuts.   I did the BC because I'm Bold and Confident.  Short hair doesn't affect me like other people.  I've had relaxers in my hair since I was twelve years old.  I experienced problems with burning scalp, hair thinning, and breakage which are some of the issues that come with having a relaxer.  I wanted to learn my hair from the basics and start fresh.  While on my hair journey, I decided to include a healthy lifestyle as well.

Describe your hair texture?  My hair type is a mix of 4b/4c.  This means my hair is kinky, coarse, and tightly coiled.  When wet it will shrink really tight.  My coils don't play around!

What is your favorite hairstyle?  I really don't have just one, that's the benefit of natural hair.  I love twist outs, I love them up in a puff and my Huey from the Boondocks afro! (that's what my husband calls it). 

The Puff 


What is your hair regimen?  In the beginning, my hair regimen started out wild.  I was a product junkie.  Now, the product junkie in me will try out products from time to time.  My regimen consists of the LOC method which involves moisturizing my hair in three steps.  I use a Liquid, an Oil based sealant and a Cream based leave in conditioner or moisturizer.  I'm currently using Donna Marie products and a shea butter mix that I make for sealing the moisture in my hair.  I co-wash which is washing my hair with conditioner only, no shampoo and I use my trusty huetiful steamer to restore moisture to my hair.


What Are The Benefits To Going Natural?
  •  Total Freedom!

  •  More Money Saved: No more expensive appointments at the salon, although I love you Ron!

  •  Healthy Hair: My hair is healthy and thicker.  I've increased my workouts since I don't have to worry about sweating my hair out.

My husband, thank God for him has supported me the whole journey and continues to do so.  He even gives me scalp massages at times!  I'm losing weight which makes a healthier me and that's my goal.  My sister is no longer natural but I have learned so much from this journey, thanks to YouTube, Naptural 85, BeautifulBrwnBabyDol, and many others.  My journey is not over ladies, stay tuned!



1 comment:

  1. Hey Michelle! Thanks for sharing your natural hair journey!

    ReplyDelete