21 November 2015

Understanding Dreams

understanding D pic

Do you ever wonder what your dreams mean? I am absolutely fascinated with dreams and dream interpretation. Every now and again I would have the privilege of remembering a dream and then share with a friend about this weird dream I had last night. We'd laugh about it and think nothing of it. Little did I know that many times there is a message in our dreams. How many times have you dismissed a dream because it was kooky, silly or just down right crazy?

Prophetic Conference

In 2008 I was invited to a prophetic conference that a friend of mine was hosting. Prophecy means to "speak God's words." Prophecy can be expressed in a number of creative ways like music and preaching just to name a few, which happened to take place at this conference. My friend wanted me to experience this new wave of prophetic worship. I will say it was different but I wasn't necessarily moved by it. The conference also included dream interpretation. Now this excited me because four years prior I had a dream that I was dying to know the meaning of. So basically, I sat down with a woman and told her my dream. She explained from a biblical perspective what certain symbols meant and gave me revelation on the dream. The woman recorded the interpretation on a tape recorder and gave me the cassette tape. I still have that tape to this day. I was amazed at how certain actions and colors in the dream meant something. I was blown away to learn there was actually a message for me in the dream.

Dreamland

Days after receiving my interpretation, I began to dream every night almost! I truly believe God released a gift in me when my dream was interpreted. What the woman did was prophetic. She spoke forth God's word into my life by decoding my dream and giving me its meaning. This was such an exciting time for me. As soon as my head would hit the pillow, I was in dreamland. After some time, I realized I needed to understand how to interpret my own dreams. I never took a class. The Holy Spirit was my teacher. After a while I began interpreting dreams for others. I'm by no means an expert. I started following Christian prophetic dream sites to practice and get a better understanding of dream interpretation. I purchased a couple of biblically based books by Christian authors to understand dream symbolism. I began to understand that dreams are one of the ways that God chooses to communicate with us. Check out Job 33:14-18. How amazing is that scripture! It's important to remember that dreams are from God and only God holds the true interpretation of a dream.

Revelation

As my fascination with dreams began to mellow out, I wondered why God would talk to me through parables. Why couldn't he just keep it plain and simple? I've come to realize that God is amazingly creative. Communicating through dreams is His way of getting us to spend time with him. If we want to understand a dream and its message, we have to go to the source right? In order to receive understanding of a dream you must first pray and ask God for revelation, then seek out what the symbols mean in the bible. Regular dream books and online dream dictionaries are useful but should not be your primary source because many of those symbols have different meanings from the bible. If you interpret your dream using regular dream books - the interpretation will most likely be incorrect. Once you've prayed and asked the Lord for revelation and you still can't seem to grasp the meaning of your dream - be patient and let the Lord reveal it in his time.

Let's briefly talk about Shoe Dreams. Here is a short dream I had in 2008:

Glass_slippers_at_Dartington_Crystal

"I was sitting alone at a dinner party. The waitress carries over a pair of clear plastic pumps and said, "These are from the gentleman at that table." I told her to tell him, "No thank you, they don't fit my feet." She did and the gentleman looked offended."

 

Shoes: Being prepared to share the gospel and or where you are going in life

New Shoes: New ministry or new way of life
Gentleman: Holy Spirit
Waitress: Servant of God

Interpretation: The Holy Spirit (God) who is a gentleman, was inviting me into a new ministry/calling (purpose) in my life that he would soon make clear. Not realizing this was God I rejected the shoes by saying they don't fit. I probably said that because I didn't feel qualified to walk this new path. The Holy Spirit will become offended if we reject or deny Him.

Once I realized what the dream meant, I apologized to the Lord and accepted the new call and path He wanted me to walk. Oh, what a journey it has been! So what has God been saying to you in your dreams?

Blessings,
Tytenisha

2 comments:

  1. Albertha Holloway1/3/16, 2:51 AM

    Just wonderful! I just had a dream of being in an airport with family getting ready to fly somewhere. I woke up and said wow that's weird and fell asleep again and there it was onice more. I'm praying to God to reveal that to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sis Albertha!

    Cool dream. Here are my thoughts on it:
    -airport: waiting, preparing for ministry
    -family: spiritual family (church)
    -airplane in this dream means: church-ministry that is flowing in the spirit
    -number 2: confirmation

    I know you mentioned a ministry that will be starting soon. I believe that's what this dream is about. You and some others are waiting for this church to start and when it does the ministry will be flowing (flying) in spirit (spiritual gifts). Having this dream twice "may"be confirming that it will happen. These are my thoughts on your dream.

    Thank you for sharing!
    Ty

    ReplyDelete