13 December 2015

Keep Writing...You Big Dummy!!

kw 2

September 2014 I had a short vision. In the vision, someone handed me a gold colored check for five bucks. On the check was written, “KEEP WRITING.” When I awoke I quickly jotted my lil' vision down in my dream journal, and began to ponder on the details. What does the gold color symbolize? What does five bucks mean? Keep Writing? Keep writing what, and why? At this point I start making excuses, "I have a blog site with about 45 posts written already.. Besides, I’m trying to market this book that I went through all kinds of hell to complete. Ridiculous distractions, physical attacks, and demonic activity all around me; almost succeeded in preventing me from finishing the assignment (book) that God called me to. So no! I can’t keep writing right now. I need to focus on pushing this book!

One of the ways God communicates with me is through dreams. I pretty much knew “KEEP WRITING” was a message from the Lord.. but it frustrated me. I felt this was the time for me to promote this awesome book I wrote, because it contained a message I wanted people to read. I guess all of the obstacles and difficulties I experienced during the writing process had me thinking, “Wow, the devil really doesn’t want this book to come out because it's going to do some serious damage to the kingdom of darkness” Lol!! You know how super spiritual, high and mighty, and just crazy thinking we Christian folks can be sometimes. So I convinced myself to just focus on promoting the book.

GOD FAVORS ME

God was very gracious to me during this time. I was on a roll with promoting my book. Honestly, I did very little footwork and marketing. My opportunities and exposure came from the Lord. A wonderful sister named Tonya took it upon herself to gather information for me to have a book signing. I seen her at church one evening and she said, "Ty all you have to do is call this number and schedule your book signing date. I did this because I believe in the message of your book." Blew me away!! One of my spiritual mentors who holds leadership and apologetics classes gave me the opportunity to speak to his students for a few minutes about my book. At the end of his classes I was allowed to have a mini book signing, it was wonderful.

People were calling to order copies of my books as gifts for friends and family. I received a cute but kinda creepy testimony from a sister in Christ regarding an experience she had while riding the train to work. She was reading the "Learn to Forgive" chapter in my book and realized a man was hovering over her shoulders reading what he could from that chapter. He was so blessed by the little he read, he asked for her copy of the book! She didn't give it to him but told him where he could get one.

 IS IT OVER ALREADY?

The favor I received was overwhelming. It was amazing! Until... the opportunities began to dwindle and eventually dry up in a short amount of time. I’m like, wait a minute.. I should be riding this wave for at least a year. It’s over already Lord? Nobody was calling, nobody was purchasing. Now I’m looking for opportunities, and calling folk. Nobody returned my calls. I was so lost, and so confused that I did absolutely nothing! Nothing… You hear me! I was strictly dedicated to household ministry – Wife duties, mommy duties, after school activities chauffeur, chef, etc. Don’t get me wrong.. I love household ministry, it's part of my purpose - but my rebellion against God's command, left me feeling lost and unfulfilled.

I've been going around in circles since February 2015. That’s when everything came to a halt. I began to have numerous dreams about me looking for my vehicle or trying to find a parking space. These dreams meant I lost my purpose or I couldn't seem to find my place in the world. I had several people in my ears making suggestions or reminding me of what I should be doing. Ty, don't let that singing voice go to waste! Ty, you should be writing more songs! Ty, what are you doing about your t-shirt business? Don’t forget about that! Ty, you should talk more about dreams and visions! Now that's a great suggestion Lol! Thank you Sister Hadassah! As you can imagine, my head was spinning and I was losing hope and faith because I didn't know which way to turn - I was stuck.

OH..EYE SEE

November 2015, I was flipping through my dream journal and came across my September 2014 journal entry. “KEEP WRITING” leaped off of the page and punched me in the eye. What a rude but necessary awakening. I got it! I was in my own way. I was questioning and arguing with God about something He told me to do. I got the whole thing twisted. He simply wanted me to keep writing while I was promoting the book. I mean, really.. how difficult is that? It's not too much to ask! He gave me a sweet taste of what favor looks like but... because I was following my own agenda - God shut it all down. I feel like Lamont from the old Sanford and Son tv show.. I can hear God right now like, “YOU BIG DUMMY!”  

When God tells you to do something - DO IT! It may not make sense to you, just know that God’s ways and thoughts are much higher than ours. All God wants is obedience. Keep writing! Keep singing! Keep going to school! Keep drawing! Keep dancing! Keep playing that sport! Keep believing! Don't be a Big Dummy like me and Lamont. The bible says, "If you are faithful in the little things you will be faithful in the larger ones" (Luke 16:10). This means, God will trust you with more!

Do you feel like you're going in circles? Are you angry, frustrated or all doors seem to be closed. Ask yourself what was the last thing God told me to do? That’s a good start right there.

Let me quickly explain the vision:

 GOLD is a holy color – anointing/blessing

 FIVE -  grace/favor

 KEEP WRITING -  command of the Lord.

Interpretation: God has anointed or blessed what I have been purposed to do. Whether i'm writing songs or literature, God wants me to keep writing for his glory. He has given me favor in this particular gifting, and I believe he also gave me a period of grace (thank you Lord!) while rebelling against the original command he spoke to me : KEEP WRITING!

Blessings,

Tytenisha

My Book: Confessions of a Praying Woman

11 comments:

  1. Wow this is so Powerful. I was right with you as I read. It was a eye opener. I have a lot of Distraction and I haven't focused on things I should. Thank you for this Word of Encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment sis Gina. It really is hard to stay focused on things. It's a constant struggle. But when God is tired of us playing around - He knows how to get our attention lol! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ty I am glad that G-d was able to give you clarification and you are now clear on how to proceeded. Sometimes it is hard to know what G-d wants from us but if we keep on being obedient ( like you always tell me) and are earnest about doing G-ds will it will become clear! Thanks for sharing. And thanks for being a soul sis

    love your soul sis
    Ms. Hadassah Havivah Zeltzer

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good! I look forward to more of your posts. Thank you for sharing it, fellow Compel writer. What a blessing to have come upon this very post today. :)
    “If you are faithful in the little things you will be faithful in the larger ones” (Luke 16:10). Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, obedience is the key! As always Sis Hadassah, thank you for commenting and thank you for the support. Love you, Ty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Carolina! I really appreciate you taking the time to read my post and comment. I'm so glad the scripture blessed you today. Lord knows I need to remind myself of it every day. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super inspirational!
    I love that dream and all it means for you... What a beautiful piece of your life to share here!! Thank you so much!

    I needed a little push of inspiration today, fellow COMPEL writer.
    Happy Tuesday!
    Megs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Meg!
    Thank you for your kind words. I'm so glad this post gave you some inspiration. I appreciate you leaving a comment.

    Blessings,
    Ty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Albertha Holloway1/3/16, 2:39 AM

    As always Sis Ty you are a true blessing to me with our chats, your voice and encouragement. You will accomplish the will of God in your life. Keep writing!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Sis Albertha! You are a blessing to me as well. Thank you for being so supportive.

    Blessings,
    Ty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Albertha Holloway1/5/16, 12:58 PM

    Always!

    ReplyDelete